Exclusively Women’s Program
Life is a journey, which can often be rocky and unpredictable. The journey, while wonderful, can make you feel overwhelmed, disillusioned, and powerless. Stress, depression, life changes and traumatic events, anxiety, and aging are all challenges that can take a toll. Even life’s joys such as relationships, careers, children and home life can negatively impact a person’s mental health.
The Exclusively Women’s Program at Palmetto Lowcountry Behavioral Health offers women an opportunity to face these challenges in an environment where they can get help from a talented group of mental health professionals. Our programs helps manage a variety of issues and stressors that can impair your ability to function including:
- Anxiety and depression
- Postpartum (depression)
- Treatment issues related to trauma
- Grief & loss issues
- Social role challenges & life transitional issues
- Relationship & family challenges
- Emotional issues
The Exclusively Women’s Program, part of Palmetto Lowcountry Behavioral Health, is an inpatient treatment program for women. We provide a private, safe and nurturing community where women can offer other women hope, healing and support as they focus on their own unique recovery. Clinical care is provided by psychiatrists, psychiatric nurses, therapists and mental health specialists who understand women’s unique mental health needs. The program offers:
- Recovery from psychological distress in a private, safe and nurturing environment
- Opportunities to explore mental health issues in-depth
- Support from women facing similar challenges
- Personal interaction review (assertiveness, anger management, conflict mediation) and skill improvement
- Guidance to struggles in marriage, relationships, children, work, personal loss and life transitions
- A chance to regain energy and excitement in life by identifying underlying mental health issues
- Skills and tools to empower women to make positive changes
The Exclusively Women’s Program goals are to help women stabilize their immediate mental health issues and then identify the emotional issues that can lead to symptoms. Through clinical programming, the program can help you develop effective coping skills, rebuild internal strength and find new resources to regain control of your life.
The clinical focus is on your unique needs and includes diverse programs which can include:
- Psychiatric Consultation
- Group and Family Therapy
- Peer Empowerment Groups
- Personal Empowerment Clinical Groups
- Meditation Programming
- Relaxation Skills
No-Cost Professional Assessments
The Exclusively Women’s Program at Palmetto Lowcountry Behavioral Health provides scheduled no-cost assessments from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m., and professional referral services 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
What to Expect
During your scheduled assessment, a mental health professional will review your individual concerns and discuss the best treatment options specific to your needs. Our no-cost assessments generally take 45-60 minutes and conclude with specific treatment recommendations.
Call Palmetto Lowcountry Behavioral Health today at 843-747-5830 or 877-947-3223 to schedule your no-cost assessment for The Exclusively Women’s Program. For more information, please visit our website www.palmettobehavioralhealth.com.
Palmetto Lowcountry Behavioral Health accepts most major insurance and is a TRICARE® approved provider.