Comprehensive Suboxone Treatment Program
Palmetto Lowcountry Behavioral Health offers a comprehensive and seamless Suboxone program designed to provide treatment for opiate dependence to pain relievers such as oxycodone, morphine, hydrocodone, as well as the illicit substance heroin. Our program is divided in to three steps designed to help the patient through treatment and recovery.
Step 1: Detoxification
Supervised by a Suboxone certified psychiatrist, the patient undergoes detoxification in a safe inpatient setting being cared for by our team of skilled medical and substance misuse professionals.
- Suboxone treatment will be initiated and continued until the patient is stable and ready for discharge.
- The Suboxone Program Coordinator will meet with the patient during the inpatient stay and provide Suboxone Program education.
- Medical detoxification and rehabilitation during the inpatient stay assists patients in understanding the disease while learning relapse prevention skills.
Step 2: Recovery
Patients will immediately transition to our Counseling for Addictions and Recovery Education program (CARE) continuing in their recovery under the supervision of the same Suboxone certified psychiatrist.
- CARE incorporates group process and materials of the Hazelden’s evidence-based Matrix Model for Outpatient Drug Treatment.
- CARE treatment provides structured groups where individuals can gain education and support for their chosen lifestyle changes.
- Provides treatment for co-occurring disorders (e.g. depression, anxiety, bipolar), to include medication management and consultation from a psychiatrist as needed.
- Evening program hours enables the patient to continue working while getting the help they need
- Attend weekly Physician led Suboxone groups and receive weekly prescriptions.
- Patient is required to participate in a 12-Step program and obtain a sponsor.
Step 3: Maintenance
Patients are permitted at the end of the six weeks CARE program to attend a weekly Suboxone group and a weekly Alumni CARE meeting.
- After six weeks, the patients attend an every other week physician led Suboxone group.
- Palmetto offers alumni a treatment component where they can attend at no cost for one year.
Palmetto Lowcountry Behavioral Health offers an initial no cost assessment to determine the best treatment options and resources for you, your family or your clients.