Palmetto Lowcountry Behavioral Health offers adults the evening C.A.R.E. (Counseling for Addictions and Recovery Education) Program, a comprehensive outpatient recovery program based on the disease concept of addiction using the Hazelden Matrix Model and 12 Steps. Addiction is a chronic progressive disease that can cause significant physical and emotional consequences. We created an environment to help improve personal health, well-being and quality of life for our participants.
Because we realize how busy people are, we offer evening hours so clients can receive treatment without significantly impacting their work schedule. We offer alumni of the C.A.R.E. program the free option of attending once weekly for one year to stay connected, offer others in the program their insight and support, while simultaneously maintaining their personal recovery.
Schedule & Format
C.A.R.E. Evening Schedule: 5:45 p.m. to 9:30 p.m., Monday through Thursday
Program Length: Six weeks with a 24-session commitment
Alumni Program: Weekly for 12 months at no charge
Payment: Most insurances are accepted, TRICARE®, or self-pay
C.A.R.E. is Appropriate As:
- An alternative for those who want to continue working while participating in outpatient treatment for substance misuse.
- A step-down for patients who have completed an in-patient program and need continued treatment as they transition to new lifestyles and situations.
- Treatment for those with co-occurring disorders in addition to their addiction (such as depression, anxiety, bipolar), to include medication management and consultation from a psychiatrist as needed.
C.A.R.E. Program Elements
- Psycho-educational and process-oriented groups daily.
- Individual therapy is available to patients as recommended or requested (frequency is evaluated individually), with no additional cost
- Weekly multi-family group session.
- Family/couples therapy (frequency evaluated individually)
For more information, please contact us at 843-747-5830 or complete our online inquiry form to learn more.